Laboratories for Gemstones Grading
There are a number of laboratories which grade and provide reports on gemstones.
- International Gemological Institute (IGI), independent laboratory for grading and evaluation of diamonds, jewellery and colored stones.
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA), the main provider of education services and diamond grading reports.
- Hoge Raad voor Diamant (HRD Antwerp), The Diamond High Council, Belgium is one of Europe's oldest laboratories.
- American Gemological Society (AGS) is not as widely recognized nor as old as the GIA.
- American Gem Trade Laboratory which is part of the American Gem Trade Association (AGTA), a trade organization of jewelers and dealers of colored stones.
- American Gemological Laboratories (AGL)
- European Gemological Laboratory (EGL)
- Gemmological Association of All Japan (GAAJ-ZENHOKYO), Zenhokyo, Japan, active in gemological research.
- Gemmological Institute of Thailand (GIT) is closely related to Chulalongkorn University
- Gemmology Institute of Southern Africa, Africa's premium gem laboratory.
- Asian Institute of Gemmological Sciences (AIGS), the oldest gemological institute in South East Asia, involved in gemological education and gem testing.
- Swiss Gemmological Institute (SSEF), focusing on colored gemstones and the identification of natural pearls.
- Gübelin Gem Lab, the traditional Swiss lab.